Thursday, October 22, 2015

What the Hell is a Gigawatt???



14,556 words.  And I haven’t even done my writing for today yet.

As it turns out, my portable keyboard is one of the best investments I’ve ever made.  Work has been terrible, and I’ve had to skip lunch and stay late for the past two days in a row.  But by writing whenever I’m on the metro I’ve managed to not only meet my daily goals, but exceed them. 

There was one day in the past week where writing was like pulling teeth.  Aside from that, it’s been pretty smooth.  I’m writing a character who is arguably the most or the second-most evil in the entire series, and it’s really fun inserting him into my characters’ lives.  Sometimes it’s tough, too, as I’ve got to constantly ask myself how he would act, what he would do.  It means getting in his head, which is a scary place to be.

Not much else to report.  Work on the book has been really helping me get through the day…even if I don’t work on it until I’m on my way home.  Still, it lets me do something creative, and helps keep my spirits up (or at least from totally crashing).  I’m excited to see how it turns out  :}


Working Title: Damnatio Memoriae
Word Count: 14,556
Writing Mode: Persevering

No comments:

Post a Comment