Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Hope Clouds Observation



It’s been a rough week or so.  I missed another day of writing due to skipping lunch, then caught a wicked cold and was too sick to do anything but lay on the couch and moan all weekend.  I am, therefore, 714 words in the hole. 

However, I haven’t done today’s writing yet…maybe I’ll be able to chip away at what I owe a little bit.  I also managed to do 790 words yesterday, and I bought a secondhand bluetooth keyboard so that I can write on the train.  Hopefully I’ll be able to get right back on track. 

I’m fairly pleased with the way the book is going so far.  It’s been almost unnervingly easy to write; I’m choosing to put this down to allowing the story to percolate for so long, rather than blaming it (probably more correctly) on crummy writing.  Still, Mer is already starting to demonstrate some of the character changes that will define her throughout the course of this book.  Additionally, I’m about to finally introduce the bad guy, which should be fun to write (until it’s not, but more on that later).

In other writing news, my submission to Poetry Magazine just got rejected.  I’m not surprised—it’s a very prestigious magazine.  Still, it’s tough.  Sometimes I feel like just one person showing even a modicum of interest in my work would be enough to give me hope.  However, hope, as the reverend mother noted, isn’t always a good thing.

Still, as the Klingons say, bIlujlaHbe'chugh bIQaplaHbe'.


Working Title: Damnatio Memoriae
Word Count: 9,393
Writing Mode: reH 'eb tu'lu'

No comments:

Post a Comment